[mslee's thoughts] First Impressions : Angel Eyes - A Beautiful and Compelling Drama



I just finished watching episodes 1 and 2 of Angel Eyes. First thoughts that come to mind while in the middle of watching... this drama is emotionally fascinating and beautiful. The story telling is very well written for a pilot episode. The emotions are pouring in and I really fell in love with the characters. I like how the story presented the family of Park Dong Joo. People that are very welcoming, hearts that are pure and beautiful. Both his parents played a great role in Yoon Soo Wan's life. The tragic accident that made her blind but a firefighter that is very committed to his work saved her. Unfortunately, he lost his life saving her mother and both died on the spot. The ties has yet to be unfolded before Dong Joo and Soo Wan.

I like how there is no bitterness in Jung Hwa's heart for the death of her husband. But the tragedy left Soo Wan's father, Yoon Jae Beom  crippled emotionally. He never knew how to handle his daughter's feelings. And her blindness became a burden between them when donors are so out of reach. He left his daughter on her own. But the beautiful thing about Soo Wan, although she may be repeatedly disappointed by her blindness and the cycle of getting her hopes high for a possible donor and surgery, still, she bounced back and stand on her own. She never let her disability eat her self esteem. 





This is the third time I watched Kang Ha Neul and I can say that he is improving a lot as an actor. He has portrayed his character as Dong Joo convincingly, making me smile, swoon and also cry at his moments. They have an amazing chemistry, he and Nam Ji Hyun playing Yoon Soo Wan. They are so beautiful and refreshing together. Their moments are all charming and engrossing.







About the doctor, Soo Wan's  father, I can imagine how hard for him as a doctor  whose job is to save people yet he was nowhere near his wife when the accident happened and making him weak and guilty that as time passed by, the cycle of hoping for a donor then being disappointed repeatedly is a burden he has difficulty facing.

I think, I give him credit for staying true to his profession, even if inside he is at war of what should be done, during the operation of Jung Hwa. I don't think he wanted her to die, that is why he gave much effort in saving her. What made him feel guilty is the fact that he was not able to introduce himself as Soo Wan's father to Dong Joo. Maybe he thought it is a bit complicated and his [Dong Joo's] pain is his daughter's happiness, which is life's ironies. 

Have I mentioned that the story's pacing is good? Yup, two episodes already summarized the background of the story and the teenage part of the characters. I know I should be glad that on the next episode, Goo Hye Sun will already appear on the screen along with Lee Sang Yoon but I also know that I will miss both Kang Ha Neul and Nam Ji Hyun for their incredible portrayal of the characters. 

I may not know so much about the plot of the drama but if the writer will be consistent in delivering good scenes and dialogues I think this drama will be one of the most riveting love story ever told. I saw in the preview how Soo Wan becomes a firefighter or a volunteer perhaps, making it appear as if she has devoted her life saving other people and at the same time giving tribute to the people who saved her. Well, a job that must be exhausting yet fulfilling and one that will remind her of that man who rescued her, who was yet to be known as Dong Joon's father.

I am very satisfied with the first 2 episodes of Angel Eyes. Nice cinematography as well. 


Waiting for another weekend to come.

mslee1107






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review