[mslee's thoughts] Witch's Romance - My New Rom Com Series



Right! This drama, Witch's Romance from tvN is my new rom/com favorite. This will definitely going to be a new addiction in the coming weeks. With the same director who handled I Need Romance 2 and Cruel City, which are in my list of favorites, I already have a good feeling of the drama even before I watched the 2 episodes. And I was not disappointed! I love the pilot episode. Even the predictable funny and unbelievable scenes are cute. 

I love the character of Uhm Jung Hwa, the reporter Ban Ji Yeon who is fearless and will do anything just to grab a scoop or scandal of celebrities. A woman who is still single in her late 30's and has a mother obsess in finding her a man. Her story, a jilted bride! Ouch! Seriously, a sad love story that haunts her during days like White Day in Korea. Her personality, ahmm...well, least favorite of her colleagues. Friends? Well, she still has one who talks to her, named "traitor" in her mobile phone. But I do like her spunk. 

The charismatic boy, I mean young man who will be tangled in her life is Park Seo Joon, as Yoon Dong Ha who does all kinds of jobs just to earn a decent living. Seems a kind person. They have a ridiculous start, Ji Yeon running off with the bicycle Dong Ha prepared for one of the children gathered in an outdoor event. 

Knowing this drama is being done by the director [Lee Jung Hyo] whose works I love, I am already expecting the cute scenes which made me grin and thought, "Yeah, I love the interaction of the characters." Of course, I give credit also to the writer for the fast pace of the story, bringing already skinship and kiss between the main leads. The "noona/dongsaeng" chemistry is so great I am so looking forward to more passionate yet funny scenes of the two.

I also see familiar actors in the drama. There's Yoon Hyun Min who plays the friend of Yoon Dong Ha and lives just opposite Ban Ji Yeon's apartment. He also was hired by the vengeful colleagues of hers to humiliate her in public by confessing and almost kissing her but at the last minute, laughed off calling "ahjumma". Ohhh...naughty. I hope he stays on the drama.

Now as I write, I can't wait for next week for another 2 episodes. 

I made some screen caps from the 2 episodes. Just the cute moments and of course, the handsome face of Park Seo Joon. Not sure if this is my first time watching him, so I think I will search other dramas of him. He could be my next fixation! :))













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Ep. 20] When a Man Loves Final Episode Screencaps + Short recap + mslee's Final Thoughts

[mslee's thoughts] Ep. 15 & 16 - Secret Final Review

[mslee's thoughts] The King's Face Episode 23 Final Screen caps and Review